Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

Okay, I'm apparently not very good at satire.  My last post contained a bit of satire combined with a bit of truth.  Here's how to sort them out:

1. Please don't send me your twenties.  It was a satire on Internet scams inspired by Rory's post.  I didn't post a mailing address on purpose (duh!).  If you ask me for one I will first laugh, then, as I slowly realize that you're not joking, I will begin to cry softly.  When my wife asks me why I'm crying, I'll have to reply "The world has gone insane.   I'm going to build it a little house to keep it safe."  Then I'll build a small shack inside out, and quietly stand guard "outside" to make sure none of the patients escape.

2. The dollar bill didn't really shrink.  It wasn't even my dollar bill.  I shrank the picture myself with Paint.NET.  It's a great program, and it's free.  Download it, then donate to the cause.  However, it was meant to point out that during the last administration we've A) gone to two wars from which we "can't" get out. B) Gotten way too many of our young men and women killed for a war that never had anything to do with 9/11.  C) Watched oil companies make record profits.  D) Watched our budgets shrink as gas prices have tripled, with a ripple effect to almost everything else.  The dollar does not go nearly as far as it used to even eight years ago.  I'm not trying to lay out a conspiracy theory here, I'm pointing out that our government has made poor choices, refused to admit that they were poor choices, and refused to try to fix the messes that they've created.  We've lost nearly 4,000 soldiers in Iraq.  Are we safer because of that?

3. I really do think Henry Rollins would be a good president.  Better than anybody else currently running.  I really am tired of the Bushes and the Clintons.  I really do think that we won't find a good candidate in Washington D.C.  Douglas Adams once said something to the effect that anybody who wants to be a politician is by their very nature the worst choice for a political leader.  I think he's right.  Is Henry the answer?  Maybe, maybe not, but either way we need a change.

4. The digg this links were because of the Henry Rollins content.  I tried clicking on them myself and couldn't get it to work.  I don't think it's the plugin's fault.  I tried doing it through the digg site and it didn't work either.  Ah well, I didn't really think the Rollins for President movement was going to take off anyway, but it was fun to try.

5. Yes, the inside out house was from Douglas Adams as well.

Rory, I hope I'm trustworthy again.  I've learned my lesson. Angel

Everybody else: Satire is BAD BAD BAD!

If you'll excuse me, I've got six hours of Tin Man to veg out to.

No comments:

Post a Comment