Saturday, October 10, 2009

Obama Derangement Syndrome?

I was as shocked as anybody that President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.  I didn't know he was nominated.  Now that the surprise has worn off, I'm proud.  The leader of our nation has won the Nobel Peace prize.  That doesn't happen very often. 

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

The right is angry.  They think he didn't deserve it.  They think he should give it back.  They think the world will view this as a huge joke. 

I have two questions for them.  Answer these, and we can talk. 

1) Is the Nobel Peace Prize awarded by an American institution or an international one? 

2) Why has no Republican president in recent memory won the Nobel Peace Prize?  I say recent memory, but I'm not sure ANY Republican has won one.

Should Bush have gotten a peace prize?  I don't think they award it for starting pre-emptive wars on false pretenses.  In face, things like that usually lead to war crimes trials. 

Rachel Maddow cited a right-wing viewpoint from the beginning of the decade called Bush Derangement Syndrome.  It goes something like this: we hate Bush therefore he can do nothing right.  I guess that means that being opposed to two ceaseless wars, torture, ignoring the Constitution, undoing the Constitution, warrantless surveillance, and other things along those lines is only because I didn't like Bush.  This is an interesting viewpoint, since I actually liked Bush until I found out about those things.

This viewpoint in interesting, though, because it seems that no matter what Obama does, they hate him for it.  Even on issues that should not have a political slant, they boo his successes and cheer his failures.  I don't think Obama is perfect, in fact I'm keeping a running list of things he's done (or not done) that upset me, but compared to Bush, he's fuckin' Jesus Christ. 

I don't understand the hate that leads someone to cheer America's loss regarding the Olympics.  This is from the same party that said "Country First".  I don't understand the hate that leads someone to be angry that their president earned the Nobel Peace Prize.  This is also from the same party that said "Country First".  Apparently "Country First" really means Republicans First. 

Well, that's not entirely fair, apparently John McCain had nice things to say.  I may not agree with his viewpoints, but at least he's capable of showing tact. 

America… WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment